First time building a pc,,,please help

Liking the case and drive (16x dvd-r :D)

Just look at that cooling system on the case:

80mm Fans = 1
120mm Fans = 2

Amazing :p That'll cool your computer down no probs!

COOLER MASTER LHD-V04-UK 40mm CoolDrive 4 Black HDD Cooler - Retail

Thats rather kewl, but with a case as good as yours, you shouldn't need much cooling. To cool my hard drive, I just have a simple hard drive cooler (basically just a thin plastic strip with two fans pushing upwards) and seems to do the job fine

Motherboard seems good
Hard drive seems good (7200rpm is a good standard)

"OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail"

Thats some good RAM, OCZ is a good make. This RAM should overclock by the way, but the fact it doesn't have any heatsinks worries me slightly if you were to though OCZ i'm sure would have thoguht of that.

"dvueu AMW-F176B Black 17" 16ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 450:1 Built in Speakers 0.264mm Pixel Pitch - Retail"

Thats an alright monitor as well (16ms response time should be fine for fast games, though its not the fastest resposne time out there, as 8 is now the fastest around, though should be fine fo the price)

"intel Pentium 4 550 Prescott 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail"

3.4GHZ, not bad. yep thats a good processor also (i've said before hehe)

"XFX PVT45GUDF3 Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail"

Thats also a great video card like i've mentioned before.

Overall, a great system which should last you a very very long time!

REST OF STUFF:

The keyboard and mouse, you can get a great logitech set for rather cheap (mouse is optical, the best to get) though even a cheapish keyboard is alright, as most have good ergonomics anyway for the hands

Speakers, a good 2.1 set would do youn well, unless you wanted to get a full blown surround system :p

POWER SPLITTERS:

Nope you shouldn't need any since a good PSU will always come with enough to suit what you need, though to be prepared, i'd get some molex to molex connectors just incase you don't come with enough. This will allow you to attach more compoents like fans for instance together which otherwise you might not have enough power cables to do so (I use about 2 on my system for the fan powering since I did run out of attachments :p) So you can't do anything for prepare really.

have a great build! :)

Cool thanks,

As of right now and concitering the rebates on some of the stuff i can spend like 150$ or so more whitch means i could get a P4 3.6Ghz :) or a bigger hard drive or another one or i guess a 19 inch lcd. What do you guys think?

sence processor speed doesnt make that much of a diffrence get a better hard drive or lcd...me my self i'd get a bigger lcd

I would put it into a bigger LCD.. the hard drive would be nice but then you have to pay alot more for less space for more speed.. its really up to you.

probly just get the lcd 160gb will be enought for a while and i have a hard drive i can take out of an old pc that dosent work any more if i need.

Back
Top Bottom