Internet Connection

vijaygunners

In Runtime
My dial up connection sometimes just keeps on disconnecting automatically for some reason at random times, even after 5 mins of reconnecting.
After it disconnects it says Error 680 Cannot Find Dialtone

Does anyone know why is this?

Random disconnections can somtimes be linked to spyware 'hogging' your bandwidth, i suggest downloading a adware/spyware remover and seeing if that helps, try ad-aware its a good one.

MAbie you have a loose connection somewhere... that keeps falling in and out.. But I think is probubly spyware too...

nah i don't think its spyware.... I had a problem with dial up connection.. There was something wrong with my telephone. you should check that if you plugged in the cord..

Nuke i hate to say this. But if he didn't plug in the cord he wouldn't be able to get on. But maybe you meant if it's in well. Do you know of anyone with the same ISP check if they are having problems as well. After the spyware check.

I doubt its the spyware issue, sound like its a modem issue, lost connection or kill the line when it was connected... i would change the modem :)..

just wondering could it be due to call waiting or does this not affect dail up connections anymore.

Back
Top Bottom