Building a PC...Fans, Heatsinks, Cooling, and Anything Else I Might Need

Kuberr? That fan you picked by the way is for a CPU (its a heatsink and fan) to fit ontop of Pentiunm Processors to cool them better than the standard one , so it wouldn't even fit on yours... since yours is an AMD so don't bother with that :p

By fans, we meant cheap system fans, as these can only cost about a few quid for each for the case:

Like these, so you'll need a couple of 90mm fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

:)

Yeah that 500 watt PSU seems great. Looks pretty expensive to me though but it looks like a good make.

Nope, you shouldn't need anything more to overclock if you wanted to, though I want to check this out first. This is the motherbaord you picked:

http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/ap...tion=13-130-484&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

Now, does anyone know if this is an unlocked one so the CPU could be overclocked?

Seems like your sorted now though for the main parts now :)

Yeah this motherboard can be overclocked and you know i'm resisting making fun of you. haha.

Link where it said you could http://www.msi.com.tw/program/newsrelease/news_page.php?UID=403

EDIT

what the heck here's the paragraph

The Cell Menu is home to all of the K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI's overclocking and memory configuration options. MSI's Core Cell chip monitors fan speeds, voltages, and temperatures, and all of the readings are available in the BIOS or in Windows when running MSI's Core Cell application. Using the data being monitors by the Core Cell chip, the K8N Neo4 can also dynamically overclock a processor, but we left that option disabled in the name of fair play. Obviously, users can also overclock their processors manually using some of the other options available in the Cell Menu. Processor bus speeds can be set to any speed between 190MHz and 400MHz, in 1MHz increments, and the PCI Express clock can be configured to operate at any speed between 100MHz and 145MHz, also in 1MHz increments. Processor multiplier between 4x and 25x (.5 steps) are available. CPU, memory, and chipset voltage adjustments are available, as well. The CPU voltage can be set as high as 1.55v, and then bumped up an additional 3.3%, 6.6%, or 8.3%. Memory voltages range from 2.5v - 2.85v, and chipset voltages range from 1.5v - 1.85v, all in .05v increments.

hehe...

Anyway, I wanted someone else to find it, since I didn't want to say it was unlocked and so you could overlock without knowing for sure, so I wanted confirmation, and now I've got that :) Thanks.

Now Kuberr, you are officially sorted :D

No problems :)

That system will power you very well, so stop typing and get clicking to get those parts ordered :p

I didn't even think you could get a 256MB 6600GT...oh hehe

Anyway, memory doesn't really matter as much as you might think for new games (though it does help the texture cache, but most games as they use compressed textures don't use the full 128mb) so it all depends on the quality of textures you want to set the games too, but frame rates wouldn't have that much hit.

Though if you can afford it, go for the 256mb 6800GT as its a much better card than the 6600GT if you can afford it, and will last you longer, okay? :)

Back
Top Bottom