Uprade hard drive or NO?

Yeah, I know, I just think it's cool that my old system still works as well as ever (actually better since I got XP).

finally someone who isn't bashing xp. I think this is the best os they've ever put out by far. Even with sp2

You guys shouldn't have upgraded to SP2. SP2 is meant for business mainframes. Not the home computer. It screws up the home computers.

MarxSoccer said:
You guys shouldn't have upgraded to SP2. SP2 is meant for business mainframes. Not the home computer. It screws up the home computers.

This is a fake remark as I have SP2. Anyone wanting to protect their PC from the latest security holes should download it.

Its true some people do have problems with it, though this can't be helped with the amount of drivers, etc around that can conflict with it, though many people do download and don't encounter problems what so ever, so its a bit stupid you saying its only for business use (yes they should download it), though its not just for that.

A careful home user could install it perfectly with the minimal of fuss!

(You just have to look first that you have the latest drivers for everything, video players, video cards, sound cards, and check the incompatability charts that Microsoft has on the site)
otherwise conflicts can occur, and if you create a system restore point (which it does, and backs it up), you can simply go back to before you had SP2 if anything goes wrong!

I'm afraid to upgrade cause I have a corporate version of XP. But aren't the security holes primarily in Internet Explorer?

Nope... there are holes on the main security of Windows as well... but of course, you need the internet to get any security problems, but I see you do.

The types of things are for hackers to get into your system easier, etc, though a good firewall shoudl account for most of these... but I think even some of the holes are rather big and maybe even a full firewall would be able to block from the bigger ones.
You see, some hackers tend to be reletivley clever...but really really stupid :p The ones that cause harm anyway. The reason why these holes are uncovered are because hackers are all the time trying to find holes in the system, and some of them even probably work for Microsoft, so they can fix as many holes as possible.

Back
Top Bottom