CRT or LCD for gaming

I have the exact same set up, 15 lcd and 19 crt, it looks really wierd. I use my crt for gaming since it's bigger and faster. But the lcd does look better and i dont see any ghosting or anything. So depends w/e you like more...colour, or size...

Yeah, the crt would be better. 19" is a good size to do anything. I have a 17" lcd and also a 17" crt and I use both. The crt is faster to respond but the lcd displays text and other things better.

I just ordered a 17" LCD for my gaming rig. I made sure to read up on how they are for gaming first, though, and I learned a lot. One thing is the response time. Anything over 25ms (or 20 as some said) will cause noticeable ghosting. Most suggest a response time of 17ms or slower. I went with a 12ms response time. The great thing was is that it was only 1 dollar more than the 25ms I was first gonna get (after $20 mail-in rebate).

Mine is and ILo lcd generic but i dunno..WORKS GREAT i dont notice the diff in response tiem compared to lcd or crt...

CRT is better than LCD, even though some are getting pretty fast (I heard that there's one that has 6ms response time). THe plus side of a LCD is the size, but if you have room, get CRT.

well i got my 15" Ilo Lcd uhhh i dont know the response time i want to find out lol it performs better then my lcd(or very very close 2 it) and the crisp colors and fonts are nice...

But don't forget the myth about radiation seeping out at the pores of you computer onto you and you getting CANCER!!!! but lol. I like good lcd's personally crts are too big. But the viewing angle kills me and my friends.

Back
Top Bottom