Windows XP Home Edition N

Duh...

If you read it, it means the media player we get with xp has been removed. Otherwise it's the same.

To me more software mean microsoft is tryign to get more money outta people thats all they want to do...

The world's largest software maker had to change its Windows operating system after EU antitrust regulators ruled last year that it abusively wielded its Windows monopoly and locked out competitors. Microsoft was fined a record euro497 million ($608 million).
What this means is the European Union, requires Microsoft to disable the installation of Windows Media Player, so you have the choice of installing software with spyware like Musicmatch Jukebox or Real Audioplayer. Mob of idiots in Brussels...

dog_laugh.gif

Re: Duh...

setishock said:
If you read it, it means the media player we get with xp has been removed. Otherwise it's the same.

Actually I did read it, I was wondering what the N stands for, looking for speculation, they said Microsoft wanted to call it "Windows XP Reduced Media Edition" So the N must stand for something that is along those lines, but something that only those inside microsoft will know for a while.

Re: Duh...

grantbauer88 said:
Actually I did read it, I was wondering what the N stands for, looking for speculation, they said Microsoft wanted to call it "Windows XP Reduced Media Edition" So the N must stand for something that is along those lines, but something that only those inside microsoft will know for a while.
Neutered comes to mind... :p

I've heard of it. Its as Setishock and Wombat are saying, that it had to be removed.

What I don't get is, whats the point only bringing out one version of Windows like that? I thoguht it was to be on all of them :p Wel...that ones probably going to have poor sales...

anyway...i'm not sure I could bring myself to buy that, knowing it didn't have the full software (anyone anyway who knows about media players would try another one as well, anyway but there doing this on purpose)

Apple I mean does this all the time with its Mac computers... "why put Apple Works on it, when you could use Microsofts?! :eek:" See what I mean? Sounds stupid...so why don't they decide to stop that too since there are 'alternatives'.

Plus... if the computer started up and appeared with 'WINDOWS XP 'N' EDITION', i think I'd scream :p

Back
Top Bottom