duel modem problems

Mosh151

Solid State Member
im trying to get two 56k modems to work on my computer but they wont run at the same time. i have to disable one of the modems for the other to work. They both will dial out and connect but they just cant be on at the same time.... anyone know why this would be? my os is xp pro service pack 2

im trying to multilink since i cant get any kind of high speed internet where i live.

first of all, you need to find out if your isp supports dual modems, if you find out that they don't, then you need not go further because it won't be possible.

112K or 56K twice?
Tommy Boy said:

Read this exserpt from that>
112K or 56K twice?

There's a fine point that should be brought up in the beginning. Bonding two 56K channels together provides up to 112K of bandwidth, but that 112K of bandwidth may or may not be the same as a 112K modem.

For instance, the Ramp Networks WebRamp M3 can bond three lines for a total bandwidth of 168K. However, each process (downloading a file via FTP, loading a Web page, sending an email message, etc.) is limited to 56K.

On the other hand, Boca Research's 112K Dynamic Duo bonds the two lines into a logical 112K connection. When shopping for bonding modems, make sure you know how the unit manages bandwidth.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The one in the middle got my attention real quick. It's about a certin type of modem but I would take a hint from that. It's tricky to set up, cost's more than it's worth, and not all ISP's support it.

Back
Top Bottom