Hmmm Problem

BobTheBuilder

Daemon Poster
Problem?

Yea, my mobo came with on-board network card and for some reason when I am trying to download a file off x-fire or for some other reason I keep loosing my connection and have to restart my computer. Should I buy a network card because this is just really weird now and quite annoying. I never had any problems till Friday night. Also, it crashes on the website MySpace... Any ideas?

The mobo is kinda old so building a new computer when I get the cash but need this one to last me.

Doubtfull it's the onboard NIC.

Look for some programs that are running..
But youcan test it.. You can buy a NIC for about 8 bucks at a computer shop.

well, it's definitally possible that the nic is bad.
If you can borrow one the pop one in.. Just make sure you enter the BIOS and disable the onboard.. If it's a real older MB then there may be a jumper on the motherboard to disable it.

BuzzStPoint said:
well, it's definitally possible that the nic is bad.
If you can borrow one the pop one in.. Just make sure you enter the BIOS and disable the onboard.. If it's a real older MB then there may be a jumper on the motherboard to disable it.

Yea, I'll probably have to wait till this Friday and get a card off my dad I think he has a spare.

BuzzStPoint said:
Umm Nasa?

OOPs, my bad. Must have clicked paste instead of copy at the VIA site.

Ok as for never having to update the drivers, sometimes that's really all it takes to resolve a problem that crops up. Won't hurt. Just set a restore point and inject the newer drivers. If no joy just restore the system to the restore point you made.

Back
Top Bottom