Photoshop or Fireworks?

Ps2 GaMeR said:
Fireworks is only used for Flash, PhotoShop Is used for the Noobs that cant really do nothing, PhotoShop CS is for advanced which i use, anyway, i would go with FIREWORKS, i have it and i am learning, takes time, but once you know what to do, you can make any flash.

GOOD LUK

Photoshop is for noobs that can't do anything? Are you insane? The best GFX Designers I know use Photoshop. Think and/or LEARN before you speak, please.

Oh, and I'll try to dig up some manips i've done for you guys ;)

marx no offense, I don't do that kind of graphic work. More professional stuff, something you could put outside on a banner (those are really simple), or a design for something to put on a van (the thing i put up). All those the ones you did posted were kicka$$. Theres two different kidns of photoshop, one is free i know that, ill post a link to it if i find it. I think thats the one he's talking about, not the one that cost like $100's and everyoen uses.

There is not an Adobe Photoshop that is free. There is Photoshop elements which is cheap (like $100ish) and Photoshop CS which is the latest full version ($800 ish). I use Macromedia Fireworks for navigation bars on websites when I don't feel like typing the swap images in javascript, vector images that need to be heavily compressed, and more layout stuff. Anything complicated, and most other things that can bear to be a little bigger I will do in photoshop. If I'm making a website thats target audience is purely broadband users I will just skip to photoshop because image size matters much less, especially when it is flash heavy and would be painful over dial-up anyways. You do have to think about bandwidth considerations and hosting costs with using lots of large photoshop images because images eat up data transfer faster than you think, personally however I'm on an unmetered fiber line at my house where I have my server setup so I host all sites except for those that are truly mission critical from here where bandwidth cost is not an object.

MarxSoccer said:
Photoshop is for noobs that can't do anything? Are you insane? The best GFX Designers I know use Photoshop. Think and/or LEARN before you speak, please.

Oh, and I'll try to dig up some manips i've done for you guys ;)
marxsoccer and ps2 gamer take note>>>
Your behavour is unacceptable. I will not tolerate this sort of bashing. Do it again and I'm sure you're not gonna like what happens next...
marxsoccer>>>
And as for the comment of using cracked warez, well that was strike 2...

rdcmmnst said:
why is everyone after you kage?? They shouldn't be you're at the core of this very forum. Moderators hello??
Yeah, yeah, I agree with you, Kage is basicly a good guy, if you ignore the big big front he puts on.

Maurice said:
if you ignore the big big front he puts on.

What did you mean by that? I'd like an explanation of that please...

I don't angree with some of these comments though. Photoshop (all the types) can produce great effects and could be used in the industry,a nd it is purely for image editing as we have seen, though you can create some very good work within it too purely of your own (all texture based)

Fireworks is different. Its not even meant to be a image editor... its a Vector tool used to make simple webpages. In my knowledge you can't do that in photoshop, so they are two completly different programs that can't be set side by side to be honest.

What can be done though, is they can be used together to produce some great images to put onto websites :p okay?

Back
Top Bottom