Blue Screen of Death (0x0000007B)

did you say you can't get into the bios? if you can, check to see if it is overclocked at all. or lower the speed to see if you can at least get it to boot up. that was the problem with mine when I was getting all the bsod's and a stop error similar to yours. I could get mine to boot up though.

edit: I also found this.

Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The Stop 0x7B message indicates that Windows XP has lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware typically causes stop 0x7B errors. Stop 0x7B errors could also indicate possible virus infection.

The second parameter is very important because it can indicate whether the 0x7B Stop message was caused by file system issues or problems with storage hardware and drivers. Values of 0xC000034 or 0xC000000E typically indicate:

* Disks or storage controllers that are failing, defective, or improperly configured.
* Storage-related drivers or programs (tape management software, for example) that are not fully compatible with Windows XP Professional.

Possible Resolutions:

* During I/O system initialization, the controller or driver for the startup device (typically the hard disk) might have failed to initialize the necessary hardware. File system initialization might have failed because of disk or controller failure, or because the file system did not recognize the data on the boot device.
* Repartitioning disks, adding new disks, or upgrading to a new disk controller might cause the information in the Boot.ini file, or Boot Manager, to become outdated. If this Stop message occurs after installing new disks to your system, edit the Boot.ini file or adjust the Boot Manager parameters to allow the system to start. If the error occurs after upgrading the disk controller, verify that the new hardware is functioning and correctly configured.
* Verify that the system firmware and disk controller BIOS settings are correct and that the storage device was properly installed. If you are unsure, consult your computer's documentation about restoring default firmware settings or configuring your system to auto-detect settings. If the error occurs during Windows XP Professional setup, the problem might be due to unsupported disk controller hardware. In some cases, drivers for new hardware are not in the Windows XP Professional Driver.cab library, and you need to provide additional drivers to complete the Windows XP setup successfully. If this is the case, follow the hardware manufacturer's instructions when installing drivers. Periodically check for driver and firmware updates.
* Hard disk corruption can also cause this Stop message. For more information about checking hard disk integrity, see the instructions provided in "Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" earlier in this list.
* Problems that cause 0x7B errors might also cause Stop 0xED errors. For more information about 0xED Stop messages, see "Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" later in this list.

i thought he said he couldn't get to bios if he can tommy boy has the best suggestion so far. You would need to lower either the multiplier or fsb speed. You should see it pretty plain. If you can get to bios check all the settings with your am as well.

i can get into the BIOS, but there are no options to change the CPU or FSB speed (and yes i checked it pretty thorougly). Hopefully, the comapny that ebayed it to me isn't going to be shitty.

MikeyPatriot said:
i can get into the BIOS, but there are no options to change the CPU or FSB speed (and yes i checked it pretty thorougly). Hopefully, the comapny that ebayed it to me isn't going to be shitty.

hmm....thats odd. do you have another computer you can go to and make a boot disk? by that info I gave you before I'm thinking it has more to do with the harddrive, judging by the error you get.
so you bought it from a company and not an individual? thats good, hopefully they will let you return it if you can't get it to boot up.

i can't even use a boot disk because there's no floppy/CD Rom on it. i'd have to get USB external ones, and if i'm not mistaken, they'd need to be installed before they worked.

If you can get it open, try pulling the HD and reformatting it in a diff system. ive gotten that error/ and error like that before, but it was due to bad drivers for my mobo chipset, and at least when that was happening to me, i could at least get my comp to start up...

Back
Top Bottom