sould problem

nuke1

BSOD
sound problem

I had a big problem with my sound card. I did everything to fix up this freaking sound, but nothing worked. First i went to the device manager and it gives me the freaking message that it said the device causing resource conflict. I tried to reformat everything and it said the same stuff. I tried to go to device manager and under resources and it has a problem in input and output. here is the image. i tried to change that stuff also... but it didn't even help me and I have to reformat all stuff all over again and now can someone tell me what should i do?
I have a sony laptop. The brand is PCG-F560. its also a pentium 3. 600 MHz cpu.
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/9396/untitled0wr.png

Now, i've never heard of that before...

Are you sure the right drivers have been installed?
(A great sound card by the way if thats what you have...XG midi :D:D:D:D

Uninstall them using the Device manager, and try installing these:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/lsi/us/support/downloads.html

I hope this helps. If you installed the wrong driver though, you might find these won't work either, though its worth a try if you've been using the same ones.

i hope this helps :)

Plus, can you possibly not double post, and just edit the old one? and I'm sure other people are just as capable as me, hehe

Right, yeah, definetly some conflict.
I suspect you have two sound cards in your system (1 in PCI and one on the motherboard which is switched on (most motherboards have multichannel sound cards))

is the one you want a sound card in a PCI slot? Or one plugged into the motherboard? Or put another way, which one is the Yamaha sound card?

Have you got both turned on?

Right, delete all sound using the device manager again.

Now restart and go into Bios (del at bootup) and look for, 'onboard sound' in one of the menus and disable it.

Then reboot and hopefully it'll find the one in PCI (if this is the yamaha)

Unless the one in PCI is not the one you want, adn you want the one on the motherboard (if this is the Yamaha card), in which case, take the card out of the PCI slot out and re-enable the one on the motherboard.

As what this will be, is a confrontation as it were between 2 sound cards installed. Get me? :)

I hope this helps :)

ok i delete all sounds in device manager, but i had a problem, i tried to restart the computer 3 times and pushed the del key 100 times, but it didn't go to bios system. I have a windows 98.

hmm...should still do it.

Okay, when its booting up, does it say how to get into Bios? Should be printed in letters in a corner, or at the very bottom.
Some computers may be different you see, though its Del usually.

To try and slow the process down to see it, try pressing the 'Pause/Break' key on the keyboard which can be used to slow menus down while booting up to see things you wouldn't have seen usually.

Which one is the yamaha though. The one in your PCI slot? Or the one on your motherboard?

Oh sorry :( I thought you were rather advanced by the way you were speaking. Sorry mate...

Right, open the PC up

Check in th PCI ports, (the white sockets) for a soundcard, which will have connections coming out and showing at the back of the PC, like green socket for stereo, etc. (the name mgiht be printed on the card). I do note that the ones plugged into PCI ports are usually better than the ones on motherboards.

Then look on the motherboard, and look for a small chip on it, that might say Yamaha and the code of the sound chip on it.

So after finding that out, post back, and tell me what the PCI one is, and what the motheboard one says it is :)

Then I can tell you which one to disable and how.

mine makes you hit F2 you can always hit F1 F2 F3 F5 F8 F10 F11 DELETE and see which one does it.

Back
Top Bottom