Website Help (again) - hard to explain...

jamieoliver22

In Runtime
Website Help - hard to explain...

Hiya all! Its me (again!)

I have a problem but its not that easy to expain but i will give it ago:

Anyway, I have a page that has 2 layers, one called "Name" and the other called "Picture". Insted of having lots of pages, i would like to have diffent text and images on the same page.

Let me explain:

I have a page (index.htm) and i would like to make a link that would open the page with the layers on but make the link change the layers...

In the "Name" layer, i want some text
In the "Picture" layer, i want an image

somthing like: <a href="layers.htm" Name="text" Picture="image.jpg">open</a>

i hope you understand what i mean, it sounds quite complicated.

Thanks
Jamie

Yeah, I get what I mean.

I know how you might be able to do it (though its a lazy way), is have them all loaded (when there invisible, I don't know if the browser would preload them), but have the other layers invisible which aren't needed, and when you click a link, some layers appear and others turn invisible.
That would work, though I wouldn't know the code to do it, though shouldn't be too hard.

I don't know if you could do it another way without something like Javascript, though my ways rather simple and would get you what you wanted :),
though if the browser preloaded all the layers on one page the way I said and its dial up....ouch... though you might be able to put code in so when invisible, it doesn't load, until its needed.

I hope this helps :)

Me niether as I don't make websites.
But check code in help for example for hiding layers and making layers appear after a command :)

What program did you say you were using?

I'll scan for code :) You do to, and reply back if you find anything to hide and make them appear.

I have a feeling FrontPage wouldn't do it, though is that why you wanted it to not have pages? because of using that?

I dont exactly know what completly i'm looking for, but does this help? :)

http://www.interlacken.com/winnt/tips/tipshow.aspx?tip=28

I'll keep looking. That has something for code to show and hide layers, and I guess you could grab that for when you press a button.

Like I don't know how the code works, but something like this;

when "button2.gif" pressed : show(1)layer "1"

Thats an example that i made up, just as an example of the type of thing I mean to grab it for :p *dont look at me stupid by the way saying "as if that would work" hehe, as i know it isn't real code...

its not really what im looking for...

I have a page (index.htm) and i want to link it to another page (layers.htm) but also make the link change what is in the layers on "layers.htm".

So somthing like:

onclick open "layers.htm" make layer"name"=Text layer"Picture" = image.jpg

(i know its not real code)

J

Back
Top Bottom