Blue Screen of Death (0x0000007B)

MikeyPatriot

Solid State Member
i just purchased a Sony Vaio laptop and when i tried to boot it up for the first time, i got the BSoD STOP: 0x0000007B. Here's the full line:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFCBDB640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The computer is running Win ME. Unfortunately, it seems like this could be a variety of problems, none of which i have any knowledge. Can i create a boot disc and install Windows with it? If so, how do i go about it using another computer with XP installed? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

After further evaluation, it was originally loaded with ME, but has been updated to XP Professional. Could this be the culprit?

Sorry to add on again, but...the laptop has no floppy or CD rom drive. i need to get external USB drives. i can't get past the blue screen at all. Is this laptop fucked?

hm..this is going to be tricky..so you can't even get to bios. I think the only thing you can do is get a new motherboard or...toss it.

I'm afraid that seems like a memory problem, and if you can't replace the RAM by opening it up (if you even can), i'm afraid your stuck with a broken laptop :( Can you get the money back from it at all?

that really stinks did you buy the laptop from a friend...maybe whoever sold it to you could get you ram...?

Yeah, though some RAM in laptops is soldered to the board. Am I right? I hope it is replacable though :)

Back
Top Bottom