Need new GFX card, don't know what to choose

Sometimes. XFX in my opinion is one of the worst companies ever to produce nVIDIA GPUs. They're cheap to purchase because they cut corners in manufacturing and use cheap labor. I would definately avoid them. However, since they've worked so well for you, go ahead and keep using it.

Yea worked well shyt lol...mine wah 190$ (not exactly cheap for a 6600) it seems to be well MADE!.... it performs great.... has a hard working fan(a little loud) buh great.... look nice 2....XFX maybe they cahnged...uhh who knows...

Yeah, they might've improved a bit, but who the hell would use a aluminum heatsink sprayed matte black?! The point of a heatsink is to get heat away from the GPU and heatsink block, not just absorb it.

alvino said:
NEVER, EVER go with the X700 Pro. It's a P.O.S. that gets it's sorry a$$ owned by the 6600 GT.

yea, my friends sapphire x700pro Toxic edition 128mb PCI-E gets pwned by my MSI 6600gt 128mb AGP in 3dmark03 in every test.:D and the shame is that he paid around $250 for that because he bought it around when the first came out, and i waited till the priced dropped on the 6600gt, so i only paid like $185 for mine:D

yeah i was just suggesting alternative for him to think about...but i know what you mean i personally would never buy it. Haha.

Yea, but which brand did you get? because some 6600gts have a 900mhz ram clock and some have a 1000mhz Ram clock. the MSI one has 1000mhz default, what 6600gt do you have? unless you have the BFG one, which is clocked at 525mhz/1050mhz:D

Back
Top Bottom