Mac On A Dell

But think of the consequences if Apple DOES license the OSX to Dell. I've read the press releases and Apple has said that to prevent OSX fromrunning on almost every x86 computer in the world, they will configure the OS such that it will only install on Apple hardware. Who would want to buy Apple hardware if OSX can install on your standard run-of-the-mill pc?

The devoper boxes that where released use standard Intel motherboards. So the developer version of Tiger will run on any simmilar PC hardware. It may not run say on AMD hardware though due to driver issues. In the future though it may be locked to specific hardware.

If Apple did licance OS X to Dell they could simply add conditions to it use, it must run on hardware that supports XYZ or something so that Dell discs wont just run on Any PC.

In any case, hackers will give us OS X.

Hackers will definitely get OSX working with standard boxes. But it would be interesting to see how Apple will make OSX exclusive to Apple hardware.

Theres already apple software running on pc....I got this thing sum teenager made it...realy hard to work with...what u do it create virtualt hard drive on your existing one then u copy the cds(osx) and install it and u have a workign apple os..and u choose how much ram it uses from your windows xp... u got to have windows started up to run it...but.... yea..and it works great... i did it...its a pain in the *** but if u like the os hey....u got it

haha, i've used similar stuff to that, basically apple emulators, runs like crap, too slow. Same as the windows emulator on a mac (though i believe apple actually sells it, i'm probably wrong on that that). I almost would like to see OS X on a pc... but still... Macs are beautiful little machines... unlike the windows boxes

mac arent realy jack they have nothing going for them....gamin on a mac suck not nearly as meny programs for them as windows....i dunno.....there not better looking lol

ExGamer said:
Theres already apple software running on pc....I got this thing sum teenager made it...realy hard to work with...what u do it create virtualt hard drive on your existing one then u copy the cds(osx) and install it and u have a workign apple os..and u choose how much ram it uses from your windows xp... u got to have windows started up to run it...but.... yea..and it works great... i did it...its a pain in the *** but if u like the os hey....u got it

Umm no, thats emulation and not what we are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom