Voltages 100V in JAPAN

Duzz

In Runtime
Alright I got to thinking about this the other day.
Japan has a 100v 50/60HZ and USA has 120 60HZ.

I have been haveing problems with a 470w PSU saying not enough power for my system. (System is in Sig)

Also my Video Card seems to be starting with Fuzzy ness and wont work properly untill i warm it up. I know that sounds funnie but its true. Have to leave it on with the Fuzzy on for about 20min and then turn it off then on agian. Weird. Anyways. How big of a difference am i going to have with that Voltages in the States when i get back there the end of July? you think my Suspisions are correct with the different Voltages or am i going to have to send the Video Card back to Leadtek?

What is the Difference between the Voltages is my question. All American System. What i want to know do i loose watts from the lowered Volts. i just want to know specs on the lowered rateing see whats up with it.

Leadtek says i have to have a 400w PSU and i have 470 so if the Voltages here in japan dropped it bellow 400 that might be my problem. Anyone know?

WHOA thanks a bunch. This one is kinda fun.

If I've read this correctly you have 100V and 470W

which is 4.7A of current to power the system

if America is 120V and they say you need a 400W power supply then that equates to 3.33A of current

So your telling me the higher the Voltage the less amps i got?
So in japan i have 4.7A and in america im going to have 3.33A? so in the states im going to have a drop in Amps? Or an Incress?

the formula is power (W)=voltage (V)x current(A)

so if you have a 500w power supply in america at 120V then you have 4.166666A then in japan at 100V then you have 5A

in the UK at 230V you would have 2.173A

Back
Top Bottom