First time building a pc,,,please help

what dont you like about the AMD?

EDIT: i herd tigerdirect.com isent so good would like to know if any of you have had bad exsperences with them?

Nope... the 3700+ should be equal to the 3.7ghz Pentium if it existed :p Since this is how AMD scores them, and so by its findings, the 3700+ should be just as good or better (+) than the 3.7ghz Pentium 4, okay?

AMD are better for games, and Pentiums are better for video editing/3D Rendering by the way.

Unless you want a killer system, I wouldn't advise you waste so much money on that CPU, though its up to you how you spend your money, though if your a gamer (would answer why your getting a fast CPU), why are you getting a card this low?

nVidia GeForce 6600

When you could spend a bit less on the processor and get yourself a 6800GT, or Ultra, or even the new 7800? Which would give you more of a boost in your games?

Like the case too :)
Great system overall!

Though i'd really re-think the processor and graphics card choice, unless you don't game much and want more for doing other things and so thats fine, and any AMD Athlon 64 would give you 64bit support for the future Operating Systems and programs ;)

I'd personally if you want the 3700+, go for the 3500+ (cheaper) and since your buying a good cooler, learn to overclock and send it up to about the same as that 3700+ or almost as close...though with the 3500+, you wouldn't have to overclock anyway since this is fast enough for most people! :p (go for the Venice core by the way, its newer)

I hope this helps, and sorry about the essay...hopefully i've given you some good things to think about.

Kage now u know thats not true lol.....P4's are EQUAL to amd 100% they just are ment for diffrent things lol p4=multi tasking

Thats what I meant, P4 is better for multitasking, and AMD's are better for games.

I meant that '+' thing because of what AMD states...might as well not complain with them :p

Maybe Intel should start saying "3.7ghz++" hehe, since it seems more logical because they are better for more professional use like Editing and 3D rendering if you get me.

might just go back to the P4 3.4ghz, im learning solidworks(cad program) right now and P4 would be better for that im guessing, i do play games to thow i just recenty got gta san andreas but cant hardly play it becuse my current laptop isent worth a crap lol, so what do you guys think AMD or P4 and whitch of whatever one and what motherbored?

Hmm, yeah, that P4 system would be great for the stuff you want to do (HT technology would give you more of a boost on programs that supported it) and yeah, with that CPU, you could then afford a better video card to last you longer.

Check out the 6800GT or Ultra cards (ultra being better) :)

And as for the motherboard, you'd need one that supported the 754 processor, and I guess you'd want PCI-Express for the latest video cards in the future? Its the way to go :)

Oh sorry whatever6750, I idn't think they'd made any more than that. I'll look into it for you.

By the way, could you possibly edit posts instead of making a new one to change something if no one has posted after you? Thanks :)

EDIT: Yeah your right, sorry, I was thinking of AMD :p

What about this? Gigabyte are meant to be great makes.

These are all PCI-E by the way so will need a PCI-Express video card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128294#DetailSpecs

Foxconn are meant to be good too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186015#DetailSpecs

and so are ABIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127188

The 3rd eye monitor on the ABIT one also makes it easier to see temperatures of chips, etc (is a display that sits outside the computer), and makes it easier to overclock the processor if you wanted to as well with settings it has built in, and you can also custom make settings to sut your needs :)

i hope this helps, and so these are all good. Just look at teh detailed specs to see extra information like RAM support, USB, and sound features to suit your needs :)

Back
Top Bottom