MusicCD titile display?

BuzzStPoint

Daemon Poster
When I copy one of my music cd's and put it in my cd player in my car the LCD read:

"No Title" ---> Track 1

Does anyone know when I copy my to disk. Then burn it to CD-R, is there a way to display the title and track name?

I've used Windows Media Player to copy my Music cd's, and Nero to copy as well. I have also used blind write to make it an ISO then Burn the ISO.

The only cd's that display the title and sone track are the orginals.
does anyone know how to make it so I have display with the titles?

Before anyone flames....
I dont keep any orginals in my car.. (it doesn't lock)
so I dont keep a good invatitaion to having them ripped off.
So if you think about it... Back off and dont reply..

what happens if you insert the disc on your computer does it read the titles? What if you hit properties and try to rename the tracks..i don think i know very much about this someone will tho.

Yeah, I know why this happens.

MEDIA PLAYER INTERNET DATABASES:

A computer Media Player would have access to the Internet.
So a media player (Windows Media Player) can send off data of how many tracks, and the track lengths (it might send off special cd info too) and brings up from a Internet Database that CD and its track names and stores them on the computers media library so every time you put the disc in, it remembers its that cd , and brings up the track names again.

AUDIO CD'S CAN'T HOLD THE INFORMATION:

its impossible to actually store these on an Audio CD itself for standard players to read like the one in your car since CD Audio is not like MP3, as the tracks can not store special information.

MP3 TAGS CAN:

MP3 you see can store ID3 information tags which can contain any data like Album, Artist, Track name, Genre, when it was recorded, etc, so when it is placed in a compatable player, this data is also read from the media file.

CONCLUSION:

and so that is why when you place a a standard CD Audio it in your car, it only appears as track01, track02, etc, though if you placed it in your computer, it would be possible to get them (though only when used on the computer)

So I'm afraid its not possible :(

If you made an MP3 disc though with these tracks on (if your player in the car could play MP3's) then it would read the ID3 tag information and possibly show Album name, Artist name, as well as the track name.

I hope this helps :)

i always wondered about that. Too bad you can't save the titles on the cd :(
But i have another solution!! Make a jewel case cover :p

Yeah, though if your driving, it is a bit of a pain.

My dad has an MP3 player in his car that can display the track names (though only on MP3's) so just makes MP3's of his cd's he wants to listen too.

Its a shame this wasn't implemented on Audio CD's like for instance the same type of file Winamp uses for playlists but for Audio CD's instead, so its one file on the cd that reads the data before playing tracks.

MP3's don't need this information though as one file, as the ID3 tag is actually stored as data on an MP3 track itself before it starts playing the track, which players read before playing the track itself. This is why you can right click an MP3 file and Edit the tag information stored within it.

well it doesnt bother me too much either becuase i have a mp3 in my cars, and i mostly use my MD which i just hook up to my car radio's with the cassette adapter. My next project is hooking it up directly with an audio rca cable, the sound should be much better, dont ya think?

Yeah it should.

Mini discs also hold a format like ID3 tags used in MP3's, though its stored on a file table (1 file) which is read rather than on each track.

Though i dont understand why you don't just record the minidiscs onto 1 mp3 to save you trouble in that case :)

my minidisc player has Atrac3 so i can hold 5 hours on one 80 min disc so it holds much more music...that's what u were asking right??

Ah right :D

Sorry, no I meant store it on an MP3, but Atrac3 is like MP3 though made by Sony for their players, and actually has better compression, since even a 64kbps file can sound almost as good as a 128kbps file :p (hehe, I know alot about this stuff)

My dads minidisc player you see only allow 80 mins max and has no Atrac support (its not a sony player, its a Sharp) so thats why I didn't think of that being the reason :)

Back
Top Bottom