E-Mail Question

Northern Yankee

Solid State Member
I seem to be having problems accessing my e-mails through my anti-spam program, and Outlook Express. The following error message pops up when I try to access my e-mail through Outlook Express. However, when I go to my ISP website, I have no problem getting my mail. I have my Zone Alarm settings to allow both Outlook Express and my anti-spam program (xTerminator) access to the Internet. I shut down my firewall several times, and that didn't help either. I was just wondering if anyone have had similar problems.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Main Identity', Server: 'pop.capital.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Well, if you're bringing up websites, we can rull out any DNS or TCP\IP problems. From my experience, the only things that causes this problem are three things:
1) DNS or TCP\IP problem
2) Mail servers are typed incorrectly
3) Anti-virus or Firewall program blocking access to the email client program and/or blocking access through ports 110 and 25.

Try disabling any anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware programs that are running. If that doesn't work, double and triple check to be sure your mail servers are typed correctly and that ALL of your email settings in Oulook Express match up with what your ISP requires. If that doesn't work, try another email client(mozilla thunderbird, microsoft outlook, incredimail). If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas!! Unless anyone else think of anything, I would call your ISP.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom