Another Snake Pix

true story......I was working in brazil about 60 miles out of sao paulo back in the early 70's, we were building a huge micro wave tower and after working we would always go down to this little creek and cool off..The creek was about 2 feet deep and about 20 feet wide. any way one afternoon right after working a few of us headed down to the creek when one of the locals that worked with us stopped us. As he only spoke an indian dialect and my linguistics were not yet up to that, it was hard to understand what he was trying to tell us..Well any way they catch monkeys that climbed the tower to later put in the pot for supper and he went over and got one of the little fellers and walked down to the creek and we just casually followed along right before we all got there he took that monkey and threw him about 10 feet up in the air and angled at the middle. and this little guy started squeeling and hollering and to this day I swear he grew a set of wings and stopped in mid air at about the same time as this anaconda launched into the air and slammed his mouth shut thinking he had that monkey for lunch. That monkey did a quick tap dance on the snakes' nose and leaped safely to the other side of the creek and never so much as got his tail wet. like I said, the water was a fairly clear and we got to watching this guy and the locals tried to kill it but it was to fast for them. Anyway we estimated him to be about 25 feet long. I have never forgot the look on that monkey's face as he was tossed up in the air and how it changed to delight as he Knew he had beat the snake. These pictures keep reminding me of that.

Wow! Did you ever see the movie Anaconada, I know a lot of it was special effects but that snake sure could move...

yea I saw it and people really don't realize just how fast some snakes can move. while that was a bit on the exagerated side in the movie, that anaconda that I was talking about was fast enough to lose everyone chasing it down. and some of us were running fairly fast along the creek trying to get ahead of that guy.No use, that guy was gone from there so fast.

Back
Top Bottom