Laptop display as primary for desktop

sweet deal man, that looks good if i can win it for minor $$$. thanks for posting

yeah i did notice that, i dont think ill win for what i want to pay but it doesnt hurt to try

So what is the big deal about having a monitor?
Is it space? or that you just want to watch TV? Me, I would go for the Media Center. Just get a diferent vid card or do the add-on TV controller and use the computer as a TV instead of using the TV as a computer monitor.

Most video cards do have s-video connections to connect to TV. You just need the right adapter, though these could probably be found in many places if you had a connection for it at the back of your card

well the desks arent too big and i really REALLY dont feel like carrying my 20 pound crt monitor to my dorm on the millionth floor. what i think im going to end up doing is set up the network between the tower and my laptop here at home, configuring the address of the tower as a constant, and then using remote desktop to access it and configure and control my internet connection once i get to school..... i used ultraunc last year to controll a computer at my brothers house so i could keep downloading media when the it department of my school issued me warnings about pirated music and movies.

Back
Top Bottom