Which will be better?

jeeze...

This is the 3rd thread on this thing.
Let me point something out you guys seem to be over looking. All of these game machines output to an rf connection. Tv's are the worst things to try and watch and play exstreme high resolution games on.
In the US a tv scans 525 lines at 60hrz. Now that's not a fit picture for a hard core gamer is it? In the UK and farther over the tv's are on the PAL system. A higher res picture but still not worth the time to play games on. Yeah yeah I know they have audio/video outputs but then where do you hook them up? Yep that same old crappy tv.
Why not just stop with the ooo and ahh syndrome and just buy the cd for the pc and play till your hands fall off. Instead of wasting several hundred dollars or pounds to get something you are not going to be happy with. Besides when you get bored with the game or your buddies are kicking your tail you can always come here and brag a little...

Xbox 360, Period. Mind you, Sony has a big history of overhype. Don't judge the Xbox 360 or the PS3 by what's written on paper or how fast it's ghz/mhz is...look more in to how each console works and how the chip's architecture works. Oh yeah, Sony didn't even make a controller for the PS3. They designed a banana-shaped / boomerang with plastic buttons. :D

I'm getting what suits my needs. :) Xbox 360 forever :D

Why not just stop with the ooo and ahh syndrome and just buy the cd for the pc and play till your hands fall off. Instead of wasting several hundred dollars or pounds to get something you are not going to be happy with. Besides when you get bored with the game or your buddies are kicking your tail you can always come here and brag a little...

#1 The average little kid doesn't play Halif-Life 2 or computer games.
#2 The game may only come out on that certain consol.
#3 It's just a computer for a reasonable price, not everyone has the money to shell out over 1000 bucks to play games when they can just pay 500 primarily for gaming.
#4 Play with your friends personally, without bringing thousands of dollars worth of electronics is cool.
#5 Some consol games may be even BETTER than any PC game.

David Lindon said:
It depends on the games released for the console aswell.
Good points David and Banchan,
I think if you go out and spend $500.00 on a game machine as Banchan pointed out, IMO you're still gonna be playing the game on this state of the art machine on a crappy old tv. This is the part I just don't understand.
Some tube type tv's have a killer pic, no doubt. But if you're gonna go that far to get the machine of your choice, why not a nice 30" inch state of the art tv also?

Eh but wait. All these can go out to HD resoloutions, so if you have a HD ready TV your going to get a boost straight away, so there Setishock as they can go to full HD res :p

I personally think PS3 is going to win. It has the best hardware and so best ideas willl probably come to it (better physics capability, etc, because of the CELL) haven't seen much of Xbox 2 though I was dissapointed at teh Need For Speed clips...

The ps3 demos just knocked me away in disbelif though, amazing! and all of them would have been rendered in real time :)

Back
Top Bottom