Outlook Express PROBLEMS

jim1

BSOD
When i open up Outlook Express to view my Emails it says-

Some errors occured while processing the ruquested tasks.
please review the list of errors below for more details.

and below what it says above it has in a box -

The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

What does this mean?
PLEASE HELP
THANX

Yeah, your account won't be set up properly to recieve emails, and will be something to do with the pop3 addresses, and so it can't complete the transaction.

Review your papers to see what the right ones are, or if you can't find it, then phone up and they should be able to get you going again :)

When did this start happening by the way? If it worked yesterday or something, it might just be there e-mails erver has gone down, so wait until tomorow and try again

I hope this helps

1.its been down for ages and no i cant find the paperwork that tells me that pop3 info but can i find out what it was on my computer anyway?
2.i already tried mozilla thunderbird and it says exactly the same problem.

No you can't.

Best option is to phone your service provider. They will then give you details on what the pop3 accounts are really :)

No its okay...found it:

Incoming is pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
outgoing is smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

So type those in instead :p

i hope this helps :)

Kage

I Changed Them To What You Said But Its Still The Same Any Other Recomendations?

oh...that should be right :( You sure you put them in the right places as that should definitely work. I'd check with your ISP though now. See if they can help.

Back
Top Bottom