Internet speed slow PLEASE HELP

jim1

BSOD
My internet seems to be realy slow now it used to be realy fast! ive run loads of diffrent adware/spyware software but thay all found nothing.
i have google set as my homepage but it takes about 3 minuites for the search bar to come on.
Please help its annoying!

Ok my idea
1. ISP
2. Lag in your ISP system
3. Lag in your system
4. Rebot your computer. I have DSL. Cox.net is one of the fastest providers out there and even they lag a bit. But maybe your ISP is having a high useage. I remember back on dial up friday nights it used tot ake forever to load a page cause the ISP was loading so many pages at the same time.

Woah... are you by any chance running any downloading programs (WinMX, Limewire) running behind it all taking all your bandwidth?

Sorry i have discovered the problem it was ZoneAlarm Security Suite i uninstalled it and it was fast again but i need ZoneAlarm to be on my system so i re-installed it and its slow again can you tell me why zonealarm is making it slow?

Hmm, it really shouldn't be... i have no clue i'm afraid. Check internet zones and how much its protecting the internet like updating the program, etc... very weird

Back
Top Bottom