URGENT :: Odd Computer Troubles (WinXP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hmmm

Raftacon said:
If you read the first post, you'd know the whole deal that XP goes to the loading scr-- ... just read the first post. -_-;;;
Sorry THATS asking too much,call COMPAQ.
He got here ok and i stop there.

Alright, new question here for everybody who's willing to help; with all of the above conditions listed throughout my original post and updates in posts below it, is there any possible way on Earth to get the the Command Prompt? I'll figure out what to do from there.

Raftacon said:
Alright, new question here for everybody who's willing to help; with all of the above conditions listed throughout my original post and updates in posts below it, is there any possible way on Earth to get the the Command Prompt? I'll figure out what to do from there.

To go to the Recovery Console from the Win XP cd...

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and repair your Windows XP installation. For a list of commands that are available in Recovery Console, type recovery console commands or help at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. For information about a specific command, type help commandname at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

The rest of the info is here, print the pages out for easy reference...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307654

Nice, but, you see, I don't have Windows XP Install Disks, it came on the computer pre-installed setup; all I have are own-made Recovery Disks that don't do anything, even I go 'Esc' and boot from the the CD, even if I did 'F1' to the BIOS Setup Utility and changed the first setting from Hard Drive to CD-ROM ...

... and I don't have a floppy disk drive ... ... ...

--Raftacon

Raftacon said:
Nice, but, you see, I don't have Windows XP Install Disks, it came on the computer pre-installed setup; all I have are own-made Recovery Disks that don't do anything, even I go 'Esc' and boot from the the CD, even if I did 'F1' to the BIOS Setup Utility and changed the first setting from Hard Drive to CD-ROM ...

... and I don't have a floppy disk drive ... ... ...

--Raftacon
I'm sorry mate, I cannot help you any further. :(

xD I knew you had been losing me somewhere in your previous posts, just couldn't put my finger on it ... ! =P

And is the 'no help' do to the fact I don't have install disks or no floppy disk drive? If it's the floppy drive, I can just try to switch it from the comp. I'm using right now to the troubled one, although I don't think you can help 'cause of the no-XP-disks, eh?

^.^

--Raftacon

Raftacon said:
xD I knew you had been losing me somewhere in your previous posts, just couldn't put my finger on it ... ! =P

And is the 'no help' do to the fact I don't have install disks or no floppy disk drive? If it's the floppy drive, I can just try to switch it from the comp. I'm using right now to the troubled one, although I don't think you can help 'cause of the no-XP-disks, eh?

^.^

--Raftacon
Just one more time,you are here.this pc works right ?
So do the same on the crippled one as you learned to do with this one.
Or ask for less than a complete sollution,
Build a custom PC.

peanuts2 said:
Just one more time,you are here.this pc works right ?
So do the same on the crippled one as you learned to do with this one.
Or ask for less than a complete sollution,
Build a custom PC.

What?!? Of course I'm here, I haven't gotten a question answered yet! Yes, the PC I'm typing on is working. "Do the same for the cripple one as I learned for this one ..." ... this one never had a problem! Build a custom PC? I don't HAVE thousands to spend on creating my own PC, which is why I bought a pre-built one. -_-;;;

Wombat said:

I'm sorry mate, I cannot help you any further. :(

Just a question, I have a Windows 95 Install CD and two Windows 98 Install CDs, and, not to restore, is there anyway I could trick through to command prompt or the system recovery console through that route???

Thanks to everybody, again, or in advance.

--Raftacon

Raftacon said:
Just a question, I have a Windows 95 Install CD and two Windows 98 Install CDs, and, not to restore, is there anyway I could trick through to command prompt or the system recovery console through that route??? [to Wombat]

Thanks to everybody, again, or in advance.

--Raftacon
It has to be the Win XP cd.

Look go here and have at this but your going to have to get a floppy drive...

http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2111p196id112479.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom