Text File Ticker Needed!!!!!!

wxman015

Solid State Member
READ THIS! Help w/ Text File Ticker

Hello to you all!
I am a new member, so I really don't know as much as you all know so please explain things in lame-man's terms.

I am looking for a program that will show a text file (.txt). I want it to show the first two lines, then after like 7 seconds, then show the next two lines, and so on, then repeat at the end of the file. And most importantly I want this ticker on my desktop, like as an "appbar", and be "always on top". I want the background color to be black, and the text color to be white, Arial, and font size to be 14.

I couldn't find any on the internet, so if any of you know how to make this simple "program", please do. It is very important to me.

P.S. I've tried Text Ticker! It was similar to what I want, but not it! It is a great program, though.

Thanks so much for reading, and REPLIES are wanted, please!!!!!!

-wxman015

I think the term is lay-mans terms... but lame-mans terms made me smile!

There are a number of ways of doing this...

using a variety of tools...

you could do it using a web language like php, perl, asp or aspx, then your aplication, just needs to have an embedded web browser.

the pros of this is it's amazingly simple, and is scaleable, I mean you can deploy the small application accros many computers, and even web browsers...

the next method of doing it will be to create a real progrm...

again your choice of tecnology, though I'd personally recomen VB6.

Personally I'd go with the choice of distributing the messages from a webserver, just because it's so simple...

Can you be a little more specific, (draw pictures if you have to)... I'm sure someone here can recomend, instuct, or make an app that fulfills your requirements

Picture!

Hello to you all!

This is an example of what I want. And I would want one of you nice people to do this. I no NOTHING about software programming. Please someone do this simple, quick project for me. :cool:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

-wxman015

By the way, I want this application to have nothing to do with the web or Java. I just want it to be a regular application that DOESN'T require internet access.

root,

How long would it take to program something like this??

Thanks!

I might be able to do something similar in C++ although it might not be best. I only know a small bit of programming.

I'm running some code through my head although I probaly won't be able to help you too much.

how long will it take,

In c++ I don't really know...
in VB about 60 minutes
in multi media builder about 30 minutes.

I'll have a look at lunch time and post a link to an exe file if I get it done.

root said:
I'll have a look at lunch time and post a link to an exe file if I get it done.

That would be EXCELLENT!!!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom