Is a Spark in the PSU Normal? (Blown PSU)

Kage said:
Yeah, a UPS seems a good idea. How much do they cost though abouts?

for ones that will protect your computer.
Starts about 80 buck.. Then goes up from there.. Proces vary depending on voltage output, and battery life..

80 dollar one will run from 5-20 minutes.
If your serious about a ups I would spend about 150 one one. This way it will run yoru computer, monitor, lamp, modem, router and speakers..

By no means should anyone use the ups as a "battery system" It's meant to run emergeny reports, save yoru work and shut down.

That doesn;t work...asks for a u.s zip code...I'm in the UK :p

Yeah. i really agree with the UPS idea. I thought only businesses would use them, though i can see why home users would want to now as well :)

Not only do they help with surges,

I dont know if happened to anyone else.. But your working on something really important and... Dark... Power outage...... Well the UPS will immeadiatly kick in and your computer will stay on. No power loss and no data loss.

But of course you would want to look for one in the UK to match your power requirements.

...Well....until the power of that runs out :p Though standard power would have hopefully come on by then, or atleast yuo would have saved your work...

Yeah, I know one thing though I didn't know beofre. You can get minor surges without knowing it on any power supply, and many every day...it just has to be the one big one and it could just go.

Kage said:
Yeah, I know one thing though I didn't know beofre. You can get minor surges without knowing it on any power supply, and many every day...it just has to be the one big one and it could just go.

Here we call is "Dirty power"

I have many of them that take out elevator down each week.

Is it really like that though? You get many a day that culd do damage?!! woh...

Everytime this happens the elevator resets it self after about 5 minutes.. In 6 years we only had to call service about 3 times. And those time no equipment was damages.. althou one of the times they have to reload the firmware that runs it.

Back
Top Bottom