Is a Spark in the PSU Normal? (Blown PSU)

haha, me? I tihnk you need to go see a phychiatrist, and look up the word life... you might find you don't have it in you!

ha... wow dude i read all ur responds to the people.. all those responds were piece of trash.. trust me..

Actually Kage has a good point, in "Hoping for the Best"

If the PSU sparked it could have taken the motherboard with. But PSU's are cheap..

Yeah, though don't go for too cheap a one :p That would lead to the same trouble!...

Do you think a good surge protector on a plug socket would stop power before a spike occured to damage components? liek what might of happened?

dude don't put the happy face.. i think you should grab some books and may be go to college.. then you might be something, but i think you are really dum for that too....

I bet he still goes to middle school.

haha actaully i'm heading for the best marks you can get in college, and i'm going to university...still think i'm dumb?...what about you?

Kage said:
Yeah, though don't go for too cheap a one :p That would lead to the same trouble!...

Do you think a good surge protector on a plug socket would stop power before a spike occured to damage components? liek what might of happened?

Possible.. But what you have to consider with the surge protector, (Most people dont consider this)

At what volt/amp does the PSU snap.. And at what volt/amp does the surge protector trip at..

An often overlooked item.. I replace many parts of people's computer that come in.. They tell me "I have a surge protector" But they also will go on to say they spent 3 bucks on the surge protector..

with those cheapie surge protectors, when a surge happens the circuit will ofter fuse together. Now it just acks like a normal power strip.. Then another surge, Snap goes the psu.

If you want a Surge protector, spend some money, and make sure it will snap before the rating of the PSU.. Really concernd people should buy a UPS. They have built in protectors that will eat up the surge.

BuzzStPoint said:
remove your PSU and open it up. (Should only be 4 screws) Please unplug 1st.

Now look inside the PSU and see if there is a fuse on the board. You may be able to just replace that.

What ever you do don't open it up!!!!!!! it will void the warrenty and you won't be able to return it.

Back
Top Bottom