7800gtx Coming My Way

I have like 52,000 in the bank but thats for college.. :p

I have spent 400 or so on my computer so far.. a little more over 1300 left.. but I'm on my way. :)

I have a check for 900 coming in..
Then my weekly paychecks are about 150-200 now at Dominos..
Plus I just spoke to my boss yesterday and I'm getting a huge raise.. yay. :)

As far as the 7800.. I looked at it and smacked myself..
It'd be a beauty to have.. but I could stick with say a 6800gt or Ultra.

lol, I WANT THAT CARD, but im broke, oh well, ill just go back to my rubbishy graphics and slow computer

Well yeah, getting a 6800 Ultra would last you ages anyway, and then when the prices drop, you'd simply buy the 7800! Because the fps isn't going to be too low on the 6800 for a pretty long time on normal res's... the 7800 is overkill :p :D

Like your review mate! :D Sounds like an amazing card in truth, and I'm surprised its that cheap (well not exactly cheap, but its not as expensive as I thought)

I do have one question though. I thought this card was going to have 512mb of memory for playing the latest and games to come without compressed textures? (I know Pacific assault does, but some might still need compressed textures in the future) so why does it only come with 256?! :eek:

other than that, it is a great card!

Does anyone think though that a standard of cards should be brought out that is updatable, like slotting new memory like with a PC, and new chips to allow Direct X 10-11-12? lol, that would be kewl and means it'd probably end up being cheaper to upgrade too!

Back
Top Bottom