New Comp.

Oh yes, its an awesome system..
I just have really high standards myself.. and I ussually bury myself in a financial hole because of it.. lol. - But seriously, its a great system that will last you a long time. :)

By the way, the video card is awesome.. :)

I guess you'll update to the new 7800 then Bahawolf? :p
Yeah, I can be a pretty bad perfectionist too... though that system would last such a long time anyway, and would run anything you hit at it, and everything would be updatable :)

Actually I found myself looking at the 7800's today.. and then I'm like, "Brian, what the hell are you doing?" - I swear, I went from having the following system..

AMD 3000+
1GB XMS RAM
80GB W.D. 7200 RPM
6600GT Video Card

to..

AMD 3500+
2GB XMS RAM
74GB W.D. 10,000 RPM
6800GT Video Card
plus..
Logitech Z-5300E Speaker System
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition

Well :p I'd myself choose that soundcard and speaker system if I could afford it...its money with me. I'm a student, and have no job as of yet... :( Getting a summer one though!!!

Since this will be my first official build, I was just wondering how much computer companies would charge for a system like mine.

(Dell, cyberpowerinc, etc....)

Hmm, alot! Alot more than it'd cost to make yourself anyway, since they charge for the building and setting up, and that costs quite a bit!

You are saving an awful lot of money building it yourself, trust me.

Okay two more questions.

Is a retail heatseak and fan good enough or should I buy a proc. OEM and buy a heavy duty heatsink and fan?

I really don't know what hyper-threading and hyper-transport is.

The way I understand it is.......

Intel's Hyper-threading is used for multi-tasking purposes.
AMD's Hyper-transport is used for better performance.

Thanks in advance.

Buy a retail processor and ussually the stock heatsink will do fine. If you want it even cooler, you can buy another one later, but the stock one will keep it from exploding.. lol.

Yeah, thats true, the stock fan would be fine for standard use, and on AMD's, the temperatures are usually pretty low anyway.
If you did want to overclock, then you probably would need another heatsink/fan though the 3000+ has been known to overclock well with the one that comes with it (stock)

You've been busy researching haven't you :p

and you've got it right, Intel is known for multitasking with its Hyper Threading or HT technology (not to be confused with AMD'S HT), AND Hyper Transport, yeah, is for faster processing and so performance :)

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom