Broadband speed annoying

jim1

BSOD
I am so fed u of playing the same games and i know i can download the latest game demos and try them out from the internet but they always take about 2-3 hours to download is there any way of making my Broadband 100.0 mbps connection any faster without upgrading my connection or any software that can boost it?
i cant afford to upgrade my connection just yet!

Hmm, no, there isn't really anything you could use to speed it up in that sense, though you can download Download Accelerators which are meant to speed up connections in a way of downloading 4 parts (or something) of the file, seperately. They also very often have a pause button to come back to it later too.

I wouldn't expect massive improvement, or even any at the most of times, though I gues one is worth a go. Be careful which ones you go for though, since some could cause corrupted downloads since they split the file up to download in parts and then put these back together again.

'Download Accelerator' is meant to be a good one:

http://www.speedbit.com/

The free version does contain some spyware though, but only to keep it free. I woudln't be sure if wiping them would stop the program from working for instance (not harmful or anything, just sponsors, like pop ups on the program i'd think (i've had it before))

But the version you'd have to pay for, wouldn't have any at all (not sure if I can asume this the best option)

I hope this helps

Sorry it took so long to reply ive downloaded an internet speed booster and its made it quite fast again.
Thanks for your reply

jim, navigate to device manager and open the" port"
setting and then double click on either comunication port (not printer port) to open it. Click on port settings tab and when it opens increase the bits per second to the highest setting and then change the "flow control" to hardware. Now click the advanced tab and adjust the sliders all the way open if they are not all ready there. Now ok and apply out.
Some motherboards have 2 com ports with a printer port so you need to do the other one also.
That is a little tweak that will speed you up some.(most computers are factory set to dial up speeds in the port settings)

Lurkswithin that's awesome high five! I knew my internet could be faster....wow that's awesome.

wow you want 100mps i only have 1.1 and thats fine for me, you just have to be patient and it will com =e out sometimes.

lurkswithin said:
jim, navigate to device manager and open the" port"
setting and then double click on either comunication port (not printer port) to open it. Click on port settings tab and when it opens increase the bits per second to the highest setting and then change the "flow control" to hardware. Now click the advanced tab and adjust the sliders all the way open if they are not all ready there. Now ok and apply out.
Some motherboards have 2 com ports with a printer port so you need to do the other one also.
That is a little tweak that will speed you up some.(most computers are factory set to dial up speeds in the port settings)

Would this work on a broadband then with 2mb/s or is it just dialup? :p

lurkswithin-
where is the Device manager in windows xp home ed cos i cant seem to find it in control panel?

Back
Top Bottom