Installing new PSU?

ocfre

Baseband Member
anyone have any good pictures or links on how to install a new PSU? that is a lot of wires.... lol or maybe its just me

also, if you buy a power supply? say something from here,
http://www.xoxide.com/ultrarebate.html

does it come with all the wires you need?? for the fans and everything.... i know nothing at all about power supplies, so if anyone knows a good place to buy them and/or how to know if it comes with everything you need, help would be great.. i'm thinking of getting a new one... but i dont know if i could install one.

Well you only have 15min gap in between them,lol. that PSU is a good one. installing a PSU is like connecting the dots. it's not hard at all.

It is not hard at all, especially if the motherboard you got came with a manual. The PSU I bought was very easy to install, all I had to do was connect the PSU's wires to the things that needed power. The wires were already connected to the PSU.

so.. it really doesn't matter what plugs go into what? as long as it had a PSU plug in it before, just unplug that one and plug in the new? there isn't an order or anything? if it needs power, just plug? sounds easy

Most PSU's do not come with enough plugs to operate everything that is usually installed in the cases now. You will probably have to add a couple of "Y" connectors in order to hook up all the extra fans and second...third drives and the likes along with the cathode lights. Plus you have to remember that AMD uses a certain combinations of powered plugs and Intel has its own configuration also. Taking that in to consideration you may have to install a couple of 3wire to 4 wire fan adapters.
I think that almost every computer I have built in the last year or two had to have at least 1 "Y" adapter installed and probably 2 and some had to have like 4 or 5 to connect all the fans.

well i have a custom computer right now made by cyberpower, couldn't i just take the y wires off of the ones in there?

ocfre said:
well i have a custom computer right now made by cyberpower, couldn't i just take the y wires off of the ones in there?

If you don't need them in that computer sure.

Back
Top Bottom