I have finally finished building my first custom computer:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Processor
ASRock K7S41 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
512MB DDR 400 PC3200
350W Power Supply

In the bios, im getting temperatures of:
System 36°C
CPU 59°C

Is that ok? Or should I add more fans? It currently has one MASSCOOL 80mm fan Link, and the retail heatsink fan. Please guys help me, I don't want something to fry there in the long run.

Thanks

Is your fan at the back, and is it blowing air inside or outside.
If it is blowing air outside, is it a fresh air intake at the front of your case...

Yeah, its always good to have one fan blowing in (bigger presumably) and a fan to push air out at the other end, because the heat has to travel somewhere :p

Your system temp isn't really bad though, but your CPU if it was idle at the time, is pretty hot.
You could try buying a new heatsink/fan combo to get temperatures down alot more on the CPU than standard ones will :) What CPU have you got? AMD? Intel?

Yes, i think that you are a little hot on the CPU temp. The case temp is excelent, though. I would check that heatsink fan. Sometimes they send a low rpm fan and it should have a high rpm fan.
But I always have question the readings also as they are wrong some times.
You can also lower the temps by having a better contact between the chip and heatsink.... Also, too much thermal paste will cause high heat.
Here is a tutorial for lapping a heat sink:
http://www.directron.com/hsflapping.html

Back
Top Bottom