RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondude14

In Runtime
When i run DXDIAG it says i only have 448 mb of ram when my chip is a 512 mb. Any ideas on how to get it back to 512?

Hmm...this could just be standard, with megabytes not exactly being true, as these values are only stated from the amount of kilobytes in the RAM, and 1024kilobytes = a megabyte, and so all the bytes information are rounded up to give the final RAM amount, and so even though you have a 512mb chip, so you are only infact getting 448Mb within Windows, get me?
The same happens with hard drives as a 40gig drive for example is never 40gb and usually 30 something gb, so don't worry!

I hope this helps :)

ok i see now....... hey im fixing to upgrade my ram. Should i keep this chip and add another 512 chip or get 2 new 512 mb chips? Im currently have my sights on the Corsair valuselect models on newegg.

here are the specs for my current ram:

samsung 512mb(supposedly) pc 2700

new added ram:
corsair 512mb pc 3200- $50

Or replacement ram:
2x512mb pc 3200- $86

will the performance boost from 2 3200 cards validate the 36$ price increase$

Oh and i am 15 years old with limited income so 36$ is a pretty good chunk of cash.

Yeah, your right. I honestly didn't think of that. Though I honestly wouldn't keep dissing me. It was a suggestion and this can happen. I just didn't know 64mb was left, because if I did subtract it, I would have came to the answer myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom