Computer Freezes when printing/ Graphics card?

nvscrapmom

Beta member
I am hoping someone can help me. When I try to print anything with a grapic or photo my computer system freezes up. Also at times when I go to load a game or something simlar my computer freezes. We put a small fan in the back of the cpu and that is helping, but I still can't print. Is there anyway to test if it is my graphics card, or any ideas how to fix this.

I have an emachines, and my friend has a dell that she said I can take the graphics card out of, will this work? Anything I should know about it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jen

Hmm, it is true that it might be something to do with the graphics card overheating (when it comes to the games),
though for it to print, it seems this will more likely be a driver issue for your printer.

What printer do you have?

and yes, graphics cards on PC's are interchangable as long as you have the right socket (most PC's use AGP as the graphics port nowadays, but some people still do use the older PCI, and the new format is PCI-E for video cards) and so, yes it probably is possible to do so, though this won't help with the printing.

Is there a fan on the graphics card? Any cards or anything blocking the vents for it? if cards are, try moving them down some PCI slots to give the AGP slot (or the graphics card slot) more room to breathe!

I hope I can help, and welcome to the forums:)

just because he knows more than you is no reason to get so annoyed. Go away naru.

BACK TO THE QUESTION

yeah you should check your temperature i think you can do this in the bios it sounds like an overheating issue.

Back
Top Bottom