Question about a mouse.....

Shelpdogg

Beta member
Hello all.......my first post here.....did some searches and have been looking around this site but was unable to find what I needed.

So - here it is....
What causes a mouse to scroll uncontrollably when in an application such as word, excel, pdf....etc?????
I have some users that I have imaged HP NC6000 laptops for and the mouse just scrolls very fast when you hit the down arrow.....even just one click and it will scroll to the bottom.
Cheap mice??Mouses??Meeces?.....give me some feedback if you have had this happen...and what the resolution was.

Thanks!!

Mike

if you are running xp, you can go to control panel- system-mouse and set the mouse up in different ways. you may have it set to jump one page at a time, instead of 1 line at a time.
don't know if this will help, but give it a go.
woz

It's on W2K so I don't know if that makes a difference. I will look at the mouse settings to see if that helps. The mouse comes with a floppy software/driver disk, but that didn't help either.

thanks .....

TTT
Anyone have any other suggestions.... I installed the logitech software for the wireless mouse and it still does it. I happens with a corded mouse as well.

are you mice laser mice or do they have a ball in them. i had this happen once with me with a laser mouse. i had my mouse sitting on something reflective and the laser mouse was moving all over the place,lol.

Is this problem only associated with the PC's that you imaged? If so, it might be that the drivers for the mouse were corrupted when imaging. That may be a long shot, but I don't know what else it could be.

I have tried a ball mouse and a wireless laser mouse.......I looked in the settings, but the only thing I could think of it to restore defaults on the new mouse.....that didn't help either.
The driver that was on the image for the mouse would have been written over when I installed the new software for the mouse ....correct?
That make sense? :eek:)
I never thought of the laser reflecting and causing it to scroll......I'll look into it.
Thanks again all....

dogg

Back
Top Bottom