sound card

You do know this is a laptop motherboard right, so wont' fit into an ordinary ATX computer case?

Anyway, yes a sound card could be installed :)

"Expansion Slots: 3 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot (8x), 1 CNR slot" - All sound cards use PCI slots :)

no, wait, I just bought a new board for my e-machine, and the board is p4 m955g fsb800. I bought it for 55 dollars also. I was just wondering if i can put a sound card in it, and what are the different sound cards i can put in there?

Yes you could, though if its a laptop, you'd have to open it up of course which usually isn't easy to do(never tried it), but it does contain PCI slots so could by theory be updated yes, though do note that the chip would probably have to be smaller to fit, though there are PCI attachments that let you put a card in sideways rather than up to save space in smaller machines, and this might be worth checking out.

There are some small sound cards around though that would work, though I'm not sure on companies making them. Creative are best, but I think they aim for more bigger, advanced soundcards, though there may be laptop versions too

I hope this helps :) Just search around for PCI laptop soundcards on google or something, and you might find something worth buying.

do you know, if i can buy them in the computer stores, like circuit city.

Hmm...i'm not sure to tell the truth :( Do they have a website you could check up on?

I know for sure you can get them though, so don't worry and all the ones you find will be PCI based.

Though I have a sort of round about answer for you:

If you don't want to open that laptop and want sound, why not get an external sound card? (comes in this box which plugs into USB) and these are just as powerful as inbuilt ones, and can sometimes be better because of the way the ports are positioned and so easier to get to.

You then just place speakers in as you would normally and use it like any other sound card on the computer :)

These might cost more than an inbuilt one, though I tihnk it'll be the better choice for you, so search for 'External Sound cards'

I hope this helps :)

Ah sorry mate... when you first stated you had a laptop and then stated you had an e-machine (thought this was a laptop) I got confused...

Same answer though, all sound cards are PCI, and this does have some PCI slots, and so you could by a nice Creative Sound card to work within it, and if you wanted to buy a big speaker system, this could be possible with the nice Audigy Creative sound cards that can support speaker systems like 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound for movies.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom