i want to upgrade

nuredin

Beta member
my compter is not up to date any more and is currently running slow.

i want to change the cpu and motherboard so that it could support 512mb of ddr ram. before it was using sdr ram and it was crapp, so im wanting to upgrade. do you think it is will make the computer perform faster or is it a bad idea

If you still using a computer that only excepts sdram, I'd recommend just starting over and building a new one. Maybe you could save a few parts like floppy drive, modems, burner etc, but basically it sounds like it's time for a new computer for you. Remember you can upgrade like hell, but at a certain point it's cheaper and faster to get something new. A boost of standard sdram might help a little if you need something to hold you over while you get the money/decide on something new.

He may have a MB like my cousins.. His mother board accepts either SDram or DDR.. but not both at the same time..

If you have 512 SDram and change it to DDR, In my book your wasting your money, You wont notice a difference.

before anyone can really say what may be better.. we kinda need to know your specs.. Please list.

Mother model #
processor and speed
Ram and type
Video MB and type (onboard or card)

Back
Top Bottom