Laser Printer Trouble

Marshillboy

In Runtime
I just got a pretty old Blaser Star 2 laser printer from my grandpa, emulating a hp laserjet series 2 laser printer for sake of drivers. Whenever I try to print ANYTHING on it, it starts warming up, sounds like it just might print, but then it stops, and gives me a red maintenence light saying paper jam, section j0. Only one problem. There IS no paper jam in any section. It was sitting out in my garage for a month (have anything to do with it?), but it has a new toner bottle and new paper. Anybody? :confused:

Well...

Look for a container of sorts that acumulates the used toner. If it gets full and is not emptied then the printer will send a signal back saying something is wrong. Since you're emulating another brand name printer the error signal may be getting misinterpited.

Yeah thats true... could be if its empty too I guess?

Hmm...I wonder if theres any chance those drivers are downloadable? Just looking for you :)

I can't seem to find one. Is it that old?

Is it made by a company called Blaser? Or is that a mis-spelling?

I've tried searching for Blaser and blaser star 2, II, everything really and can't seem to find one :(

Kage said:
Yeah thats true... could be if its empty too I guess?

Hmm...I wonder if theres any chance those drivers are downloadable? Just looking for you :)

I can't seem to find one. Is it that old?

Is it made by a company called Blaser? Or is that a mis-spelling?

I've tried searching for Blaser and blaser star 2, II, everything really and can't seem to find one :(
I know, it's almost nonexistent...I'll try searching for new (updated?) HP laserjet series II drivers
EDIT:Couldn't find any :(

i honestly think its because its using the wrong driver.

If you could get it, then that would be great...but i had no luck :(

Delta said:
Could mabey be the drum too.
Yeah, but depending on how expensive it would be, it might not be worth it (I got a developer unit and tons of toner stuff free). Anyone find any HP laserjet series II drivers??? (I couldn't)

Your using the wrong driver though for the printer, so it is probably that, since the driver is what maeks windows understand and be able to send data to the printer to be printed in the first place, and every printer driver will be different.

What make is the one you have? Is it a Blaser (never heard of them), or is this a model of HP's or what? Your best using a driver from teh same company who made the printer if possible.

Kage said:
Your using the wrong driver though for the printer, so it is probably that, since the driver is what maeks windows understand and be able to send data to the printer to be printed in the first place, and every printer driver will be different.

What make is the one you have? Is it a Blaser (never heard of them), or is this a model of HP's or what? Your best using a driver from teh same company who made the printer if possible.
It's not the wrong driver :rolleyes: , my printer is emulating a hp laserjet series II, so it will accept the driver for it :D . Besides, I can't find blaser drivers anyhow...

Back
Top Bottom