I think I have a Trojan

TAguy

Beta member
I have Windows XP. I turned on my computer one day and everything seemed fine until I opened up Internet Explorer. I get a Microsoft Internet Explorer Privacy Alert. It looks legit. Th page tells me to purchase this software that willl protect my privacy stored in my Hardrive. I got a notice from Norton AntiVirus saying their is a Trojan on my Hardrive. I tried to reset my homepage settings to Google and it wont work. My computer works fine though. I reall y want to get rid of this homepage that keeps coming up. can anyone give me some advice? Thank You.

((I also tried a system restore (twice) and various scans but I still have the same rediculous homepage))

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocpv.dll/security.htm#subID=PMFV;3248 - this comes up in my address bar

you can tell that's not a web page from the address but good luck. Download those and you should be good to go.

as well as what per has said also use Trojan Remover and Trojan Hunter.

Thanks alot people! I did like 4 scans and downloaded all that software. Trojan is gone. Thanks again.

You should get antivirus software to get rid of your trojan. Also, the name of this thread could be taken wrong.

Back
Top Bottom