Surround Sound

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hello

I just baught LOgitechs X-620 6.1 surround sound

I set it up but it seems only 5 speakers (and the sub-woofer) work is this how it is supposed to happen

Need help

Thanx

I just bought the 530 from Logitech. I think a lot of times it just depends on what you are doing. Some games might only support so many speakers. I could be wrong though. Someone please correct me if I am.

Oh by the way, the set of speakers that I have thump. And only 79.99.

if you have it set to 5.1 it will split the sound to all of them if the game doesn't support it. it sounds crappy whenit does though. Most subs have a switch on the back to go between 5.1, 4.1, 2.1 so if it sounds bad you can switch it.

Go to your mobo hand book and see if how many speakers it allows. Or download everest home edition (google it) to find your mobo/soundcard model number then google your model number if your soundcard has this capability. (this is only true if your soundcard is onboard)

I have a Realtek AC97 Audio and it supports 7.1

I switched the speakers to 5.1 and all the speakers came on....at the time i was listening to a burnt cd on window media player 10.

Does this support 6.1 surround sound?

It will support 6.1 sound if you have the card to supply it.If not then you can use it like 6.1 with a 4.0 or 5.1 sound card by using the selector switch.

Yeah it should work, and the fact that you hit the 5.1 switch and all come on is weird (though it might only be stretching a 2.1 signal to 5.1 as people have said).

One thing that might fix it though:

Go to the Control Panel, and go to Sounds and Audio Devices, and then when the window appears, on it, go to Advanced, under Speaker Settings, and try changing the Speaker Settings to the 6.1 setting or 7.1 setting (if thats all it has) and then press Apply and close the windows off.

Hopefully now, all the speakers will kick in and work (just switch at the back of the speakers to have the full surround again first though) :)

I hope this helps :)

Do note though that if you listen to music, unless you have a plugin or program tht will work with 3D sound, you'd get the same output from all speakers.
Check my link on New Audio Player on these forums, and try that out. It has a multi speaker surround setting) ;)

Plus Power DVD can be bought with extra sound features and you can find these in the Sound options of the program, for instance Dolby ProLogic 2 (a worthwhile buy) which splits any stereo music into full surround sound, keeping bass levels, with no problems at all, and of course, Power DVD is one of the best DVD players around!

Back
Top Bottom