blown mobo???

jsilvsta

Beta member
Recently I recieved some new corsair memory pc3200 memory and it was a good stick of dual channel memory, and i tried overclocking my processor i attempted having my clock speed at 200 mhz it was previously at 166 mhz and the multiplier was at 12.5. And after i rebooted, the computer was humming but the bios never beeped like it normally did and the monitor never turned on. I checked everything my memory, my processor, and video card and everything seemed ok, did not show any signs of being burnt out. I had taken out that lithium batter for the cmos and i left it overnight with the jumper on the reset cmos position. And the next morning i tried it again same thing just that black screen. Any suggestions as to what happend? Could it be a blown motherboard? Here are my specs: amd xp 2400, asus a78nx delux, ati radeon 9600, corsair dual channel pc3200 (i also tried my old memory just in case i ruined the new kind).

Do you get any type of beeps?

Do the fans turn on?

Did you remove and reinstall video card?

This may sound stupid but have you check your connections like...between your computer and monitor..?

Did you reset the cmos jumper/ Sometimes it is the simplest things that get you down.
Can you get into the bios at all?

Back
Top Bottom