Computer Clock Problem

About replacing the battery, I think the battery should be working fine. Otherwise my system may not be even booting up properly.
I haven't tried flashing the BIOS. I am not sure I know how to do it. I am searching on the net for information on this. If I get more clarity on this, I will try to do it sometime later in the day today.
Thanks.
Regards,
kselin.

kselin said:
About replacing the battery, I think the battery should be working fine. Otherwise my system may not be even booting up properly.
I haven't tried flashing the BIOS. I am not sure I know how to do it. I am searching on the net for information on this. If I get more clarity on this, I will try to do it sometime later in the day today.
Thanks.
Regards,
kselin.
Your computer is booting up in the default bios which is available from the mains power, even with a flat battery. As I said before replace the battery with a new one.

Do not flash the bios as it does not need it to fix this problem.

Thanks a lot. Ok, I will try it later in the day today.
Thanks.
Regards,
kselin.

Once you put the new battery in, set up the bios the way you want it. Save the settings, then exit and restart your computer.

Edit: If it's more like the BIOS has been flashed by the hack/crack, and this can only happen if the write protect on CMOS is disabled. You might have to reflash it.

be careful when you flash your bios tho. because you can mess it up. and no system restore there buddy.

Yep, though it looks like it might have been messed up already if this has happened, though you should still be able to acces the bios which will hopefully have a bios flashing utility within it.

It may be a script that is written to the "lead in" on the hdd. This space doesn't normally get formatted on a reformat as it is set up like a partition. You will need to use a 98SE or ME boot disk that has a good version of fdisk to remove the alloted space and then reformat the hdd and reinstall.

So, flashing could cause problem if not done properly. ok. But I am not understanding why the battery could have a problem. As the system boots up properly. Anyway, will try changing that.
Thanks.
Regards,
kselin.

Back
Top Bottom