Anyone know any other p2p file sharing programs?

jim1

BSOD
does anyone know of any good p2p file sharing programs becouse ive used Morpheus,Kazaa and Limewire and the first two were usless!
i liked Limewire very much becouse it was much faster downloads and no Adware or spyware bundled within it but due to problems with Limewire on my pc i need an alternative program.
PREFEBLY A P2P THATS GOT NO Adware or spyware bundled within it.
Thanx in advance.

Bearshare installs only three bits of spyware but they can be deleted easily without doing any damage.

Do a lot of you that use Limewire have problems with spyware? I just started using it last night and I will start using something else (probably bearshare) if a lot of people have had problems with spyware. I have Spybot S&E on my computer along with AdAware. I figure if Limewire does install some spyware then these two programs should get rid of most of it when ran. Am I correct in thinking this?

I have never seen any spyware found in Limewire by spybot, adaware. ms antispyware, etc.

jim said:
i liked Limewire very much becouse it was much faster downloads and no Adware or spyware bundled within it but due to problems with Limewire on my pc i need an alternative program.
PREFEBLY A P2P THATS GOT NO Adware or spyware bundled within it.
Thanx in advance.

Jim explains that :)

Another good one that has been stopped now which is a shame, was Kazaa Lite, as this held no spyware at all.

Though what it was was a hacked version of Kazaa, and Kazaa (the makers), soon found out about this and stopped all websites from hosting it, and also tried to change the way Kazaa downloads files to stop users still using Kazaa Lite from downloading anything.

Kazaa can be paid for to stop the spyware though, but I wouldn't to be honest.

If you can get hold of Kazaa Lite anywhere and it still works (I'm sure some people here still have it), then it's very good, though I don't know how secure or how well it works now.

Yeah this is an okay one, though I don't like the fact you have to queue up behind people for ages before you start downloading the file, and then if you log off, you might end up waiting ages again, and the queues can be quite large...

Kage said:
Yeah this is an okay one, though I don't like the fact you have to queue up behind people for ages before you start downloading the file, and then if you log off, you might end up waiting ages again, and the queues can be quite large...
The trick to that is don't log off till you've finished the download with WinMX... :D

Oh I know that :p But you try telling my family members that (each setup is on a seperate partition to stop people messing each others up) so can't just switch user...

Back
Top Bottom