execute calculations at blistering speeds but which cannot
'understand' anything.

But the snappily named ISO 18629 programming language is set to change
all this. According to its developers, the language is especially
suited for the exchange of process planning, using artificial
intelligence and language analysis to represent computer commands in
the context of an understood plan.

Researchers have incorporated approximately 300 concepts, such as
'duration' and 'sequence', into its software structure.

Just 300 concepts may not sound particularly significant, but behind
its obscure name and modest positioning the language could be the
start of a revolution that sees the arrival of 'intelligent and
understanding' computers."

Its from a news letter I seem to get in my Hotmail account sometimes :p Interesting huh?

If my computer could understand what i say to it, it would never turn on,lol. no it is interesting though.

lol thats funny :p Yeah, thats what I thought :) That newsletter sometimes comes in handy...

People don't seem to apply their own basic intelligence to computers...

That's because computers all have a Common Sense Exclusion Field generator. Anyone coming into that field turns into a dribbling idiot. However technical type people's brainwave patterns generate electromagnetic field around them that nullifies this field. It also knocks quirky hardware and software back into order, which is why it mysteriously starts working once you show up to fix the problem. :D

Other computer problems are also caused by the interface between the keyboard and the chair... :p

Yeah, great explanation Wombat...made alot of sense :p

I guess thats why when I go to fix a problem, its already fixed then :D :p

I agree with the EMF theory but I have a problem with the keyboard to chair philosophy. If you are standing while typing does it nullify the interface? I think not. Case in point: I am standing as I type this and I am still just as stupid as when I was sitting down.

hehe thats funny! I'm glad I've created such a humerous thread :p

By the way, I guess I do have a high magnetic field around me, because I only have to touch a DV camera while it is recording, honestly, and it messes up the tape (loads of lines). Happens with colleges cameras, as well as a mates DV camera with different tapes mind you... weird huh?

Thought something was seriously up, so I just avoid them now :p

Don't let me near any hard drives or floppy discs...hahahahaha *cough*

Well, I had a magnetic field around me when I was younger. All I had to do was reach out and touch a girl and she fell down. As I grew older the field weakened and finally disappeared. Now they just start running and screaming.

wow! I don't think I'd like that :p I'm not kidding about the cameras though... pretty freaky huh?

if that thing about the girls are true, you are in trouble huh? :p

Though when they fell down, wouldn't this be the same as repelling them with a field of the same type?

Now that field has gone, you should be attracting them Per, not making them run away, as that would be repelling again :p

Back
Top Bottom