Hello, Can anyone help me with my computer?

Just something to check :) not sure it it'll work, but I bet you'll try anything :p

open up the computer. Now you say it does it copying from hard drive to cd copier, so it seems the case it is something to do with these components.

Make sure the hard drive is on teh IDE1 channel, and the cd rom and cd copier are on IDE2 together, with the main cd drive as master, and the same with the hard drive. So all using different ribbons.

I say this, because this itself could be causing interference if you've put them on the same channel for example since of course the hard drive would work faster than the cd copier, and it could be getting confused, and splatting on the floor :p

So just check these and get back with how it goes :)

Sorry Kage, I can't agree with that. I have been running hdd's and cd burners on the same ide for years with no conflict.

Can you run a system restore to before the problem?
Also try start-run-type SFC /SCANNOW-enter. Notice space between the C and /. You will need the xp cd. This should repair/replace any corrupt/missing system files.

Sorry then Per, it just occured to me suddenly, and usually the ones that do are correct :p

Its definetley something along those lines. How long has it been happening for? Since you got the drive? (in which case, it would be something like this for sure)

Back
Top Bottom