Limewire problem

jim1

BSOD
Ive been using Limewire for ages now and think its great but a problem has aroused it keeps starting itself up at system startup and yes i have clicked on the box that is ticked in the actual program to stop it from automatic startup but it wont stop.
ive tried re-installing but still the same.
i have posted this before but all the replies wasent any help please help me.
Thanx

You could have just asked again though instead of creating a new thread. Could someone join them?

This is a very weird problem, and everyone who answered your old thread were right in thinking what they did to see if they would work.

It does seem like a program fault though, and thats the thing... by any chance can you get hold of the version before you have now? (Have you updated it?)

Plus I don't know if anyone said this before,
but make it not connect to the internet at startup, Apply it, and then click to stop it from booting at startup.
I'm thinking maybe its interference between the two you see, and so its seeing a connection and booting up...

Have you tried that?

I hope this helps

Ive already done that start>run>msconfig and stopped p2p and i pressed apply but no luck.
i cant get the version before it becouse the limewire website only has the newest release to download.
i did not update it.

If you are comfortable editting the registry go here
HKEY-local machine-microsoft-windows-current version-run- and delete the key for limewire.

have you got fire wall? i use zone allarm, in zone allarm you can make limewire ask for permision to get internet access. if you deny it, it wont connect.
woz

That will just make it worse. He is trying to stop the startup on boot. That will mess it up when he wants to use it.

Yeah PER is right it would couse problems when i want to use it as the firewall would keep asking me whether to allow it or deny it.

Thankyou everyone who replied.

Back
Top Bottom