US grand prix..... what a joke...

yeah i know that it was for saftey, i think that if they put the chicane in, then there wouldnt have been as bad a problem, i was watching the coverage on ITV, michelin thought that it would have been okay if the chicane was put in, and what i was saying was that they should have put the chicane in, and therefore had the race... woulda been better than watching 2 ferrari's going round for ages...

so they didn't build a chicane to slow the drivers down... I have it on fairly good authority that there are brakes in the cars and they are capable of slowing down for a corner without a physical obstruction.

This just goes to show how little actual driver skill there is involved...

In other news, I'm not a big F1 fan, (in fact I live right near to the silverstone circuit, and race traffic makes going anywhere for the weekend a real mission)...

But I may have some free tickets to go and see it!!!

F1 sucks now, each year they have changed the rules and why becouse ferrari always wins. now they have made the race so lame just to slow down ferrari.(andyes i no they set the fastest lap record on 1 certain track but that was fluke)

@ root, i use to live 10miles down the road from silverstone right by the BAR grounds. i rode my bike around the race track for charity. so where do you live?

if you used to live right by the BAR grounds then you'd have lived in Brackley?

probably on castle mount (thats the nearest houses I can think of close to BAR)

Thats where I live... (I mean Brackley)...

This is weird, I wonder if I actually know you or used to know you...

(Brackley is one of those small towns where it is the centre of it's own universe and everybody knows everybody else...)

assuming that you did actually live in Brackley.
where do you live now then?

haha yeah, saw it in the paper....6 cars!!!

Did they make it through and finish? I didn't watch it you see...though find this intreging :p

I really don't care about racing but that sucks....
I just read it on MSN.

Wonder if it will hurt Michelins sales.....

i live in indiana and i have been waiting for somthing like this, hopfully now we can get this boaring sport out of our state and move in a cool race like a LeMans type or a Nascar night or Nascar road corse. i hate F1, SOOOOO lame imo

root said:
so they didn't build a chicane to slow the drivers down... I have it on fairly good authority that there are brakes in the cars and they are capable of slowing down for a corner without a physical obstruction.

This just goes to show how little actual driver skill there is involved...

In other news, I'm not a big F1 fan, (in fact I live right near to the silverstone circuit, and race traffic makes going anywhere for the weekend a real mission)...

But I may have some free tickets to go and see it!!!

Brakes fry after being used heavyly in a race. The point is the chicane would allow drivers to slow down at a pace that would save the brakes.
And as for your comment about little driver skill involved, Try going 200mph or better and making a sudden left or right turn. Those brakes you say they have are going to heat up like a SOB and fade away. And that impact in to the wall you or they hit at 200mph plus is measured in tons of force per square inch.

You say mhp...whats that stand for?

I agree with you. Its a very dangerous sport, and a hit at 200 and odd miles per hour... well...its not going to do you any good I can tell you.

I'm sure the brakes could stand a bit of force though, but maybe not for the amount of laps specified...

What happened to the other 6 drivers?

Back
Top Bottom