Router problems

Re: Omfg

not to be a A-hole but next time make a better thread title.
(I agree. I changed it. setishock)

as everybody else has said update firmware and intall the latest drivers

Re: Omfg

I find it concerning that nobody has asked whether your computer can still contact the router...

it has an IP address, can you ping the router?
if it has a wired port does this still work.
do the activity lights for the wired network/wireless network/internet show any traffic passing through.

does the wireless card in your computer loos connectivity with everything, is there another wireless device you could test this with.

is it just your computer that looses connectivity or are there other computers sharing that connection on the wireless LAN,

Is the wireless LAN secured?

how thick are the walls in your property, does the signal strength go from really strong to absolutly nothing, or is it weak to start with? does the weather intefeere with the radio signal?

Drivers and firmware are a routine upgrade, but they often won't fix a problem that just happens like this seems to have.

...uhh..stupid question...but a sincer one... how do you make a secure network?
all i know how to do is run the wizard and after that it still says unsecured network

This is high jacking a thread and it's considered bad form here. Start your own thread.

usually i can just reinstall the software and it will work...ill try to update software and get back to you, thanks
(sry for the obscure title but at that moment i was really pissed off)

Back
Top Bottom