Google Maps, has anyone used it?

Digital Being

Solid State Member
Hey guys, my cousin came down from new york saying that she was able to see the apartment that she lives in by using google maps, which all got bought up when we were talking about how the government has the ability to see whatever they want whenever they want through satellite. So she shows us it and I was blown away at how clear and close the images were even though they didn't have any images for where I live. To be able to zoom that close in is pretty cool considering any and everyone can use it, all they just need is a computer and the internet.

Anyway why I ask is because I was wondering if there is a program like that which will allow me to zoom in on every part of the world instead of just some parts? Not that I really need it that bad but it would be cool to see images of my neiborhood and my cousins that live in another country. I mean you've got to admit thats pretty cool.

Downloading now.. Seems cool I'll check it out.. 184.3 megs though.. It'll only take me about 6 minutes though :)

kinda cool havent checked out many areas but mine.. Anyways neat looking but not up close to see like houses.

I never knew it was able to go that close. whenever i have used it in the past it has just shown a look over the city.

As with anything it takes a lot of money to keep places updated with satelite photos. That is why there are really only the major metropolitan areas right now with the great shots an all. As they continue to add to the sites the pictures will be updated as well. But don't expect these to be last minute photos...They can range fro 6 months to several years old. I asked about it because I was curious as to why I had an older car I got rid of a year ago sitting in my driveway.Traded it in 14 months ago and there it was sitting there like it was yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom